Plenty to do
OUR TOP FIVE THINGS TO SEE AND DO IN WHITBY:
- Watch the old swing bridge open for boats to sail in and out of the harbour.
- Enjoy show-stopping vintage, folk and musical festivals and events all year round. The Bram Stoker International Film Festival and Whitby Goth Weekends are hugely popular.
- Catch a steam train from Whitby to Grosmont, Goathland (used in the first Harry Potter film), Newtondale Halt, Levisham and Pickering.
- Visit the beauty spots that have attracted artists to Whitby for decades. Make time for the fine art galleries and collections from the ‘Staithes Group’ in the Pannett Gallery.
- Locate evocative street names, such as Flowergate and Arguments Yard, to unearth a sense of Whitby’s great maritime past.