|Shoreline Cottages Limited, as with any responsible business, is committed to helping with the environment. As part of our policy, we have introduced the following measures:|
- All our heating systems are turned to a minimum or off when guests are not present in the properties. We have established heating levels to minimise gas consumption.
- In the majority of our cottages, water is heated using a combination boiler and therefore only as used. This unfortunately in some cases slows the flow of hot water.
- In almost all properties, we now have shower facilities to reduce the amount of water used.
- Wherever possible, our properties have been fully insulated to preserve heat.
- As windows are changed and subject only to planning permission restraints, we are installing double glazing to conserve energy.
- All cleaning products used by our team are environmentally friendly.
- We have switched from sachets of soaps to soap dispensers to cut down on substantial waste.
- Wherever possible, we have introduced re-cycling bins.
- All packaging used by the business is re-cycled.
- We utilise recycled paper and re-filled ink jet cartridges in our offices.
- We have a policy of not printing documents that are transmitted electronically unless absolutely necessary.
- Since 2009 we no longer print a brochure but rely solely upon the internet.
- We have altered our Arrivals Policy to much reduce the amount of diesel consumed by our vehicles.